Search This Blog

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Pinch Me!


This morning I don’t feel any clogs, unction’s, or impulses toward any particular subject. I simply feel a cool and steady flow of gratefulness streaming though my soul. This is a good feeling. Actually, it’s the best. You see I’ve been incredibly blessed these last few weeks and it’s producing a sort of natural high. I grew up in the 1960’s-70’s, where getting high didn’t involve a ladder or an airplane, so I know what feeling high means, but this is a bit different. It’s as though my veins are insulated with the softest of cotton, cushioning everything, and producing the rare, and sought after sensation of …..Happiness. Pinch me!
I know that this feeling won’t last forever, and that life has sharp teeth and bites me in the arse at the most inopportune times, but I intend to sport these rose colored glasses until they’re snatched from my greedy little face.
It’s funny how we grow used to difficulties, irritations, set-backs, and negativity, yet when we have a good streak we suspiciously eye the horizon for dark clouds, avoid walking under ladders, and down play all the good stuff in fear of pissing off the gods of good fortune. I even know people who get annoyed if someone else is happy, like it some how diminishes them or lessens their chances for happiness. That is sad.
Let’s face it; life isn’t easy on any level. But, sometimes you need to marinate in your blessings so they can seep in and change your attitude towards life, providing you with energy so that when life slaps you in the face, and she will, you will have the strength to slap her back.
So, today I'm feeling happy..... And I'm incredibly grateful for it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment