Search This Blog

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Diving Naked

Cutting a rose before it buds leaves you with thorns.





There will be no more abridged versions of what I need to write.
It’s a bloody mess… so it is.
A beautiful bloody mess.



If I say it on paper, holding onto myself with naked arms, and I tremble at the truth, will it kill me?
If I hold back the words, bury them like a money box, forgetting the hiding place, the shallow grave; will I ever find them again?
Do I need to?



Am I pacing like a cat in a cage, looking for my escape, because I’m in a cage, or am I outside of the cage overly empathizing with the cat?






To empty oneself of the words that gather, like a mumbling crowd at the scene of a wreck, is more frightening than the blood of disaster, and more thrilling than a naked dive off a waterfall.



Ain’t it just like life to lead you on?



Ain’t it just like life to surprise you?


11 comments:

S.K.Delph said...

How courageous to write it exactly the way you feel it the first time out. Raw, unabridged, in your face, just what it means and how it is! I don't have that courage...except in fiction, then I seem to unleash the beast that can't be caged. You go girl! =o]

Leah Griffith said...

Oh Ms. D., You've no idea how good this felt. I'm tired of being careful. I had to force myself to hit the "Post" button. I've been so cautious lately. I needed this one just for me;)

S,K.Delph said...

lol, I know the feeling! But alas I still have paranoic fears: afraid someone is going to come along and report me to some God knows all authority. Imagine I get famous/infamous someday and those words come back to haunt me. With my luck, I'll be entangled into some crazy drama that I'm completely innocent about...but that damn blog...where I said "blah blah blah" drops me into hellfire... lol

Leah Griffith said...

My Dear Ms. D. Unless you’ve embezzled millions, joined the mob, starred in x-rated movies, or tweeted pictures of your private parts to a politician, and then decided to “tell all” on your blog, I seriously doubt that your words would entrap you;)
One must be very brave…and a little cautious. lol!

S.K.Delph said...

Lmao Leah!

Jayne said...

I love it when you throw caution to the wind, Leah! ;-)

Leah Griffith said...

Jayne, I don't do it enough. I love it when you do it too. There is something so alive in "wild mind writing" it cuts to the quick.

Ms. Faustus said...

This was raw indeed.

Leah Griffith said...

It was raw indeed. No cussing, or meanness …just me writing from a vulnerable place and splaying the bloody mess all over the page. LOL!!

Tameka said...

Let it all out mama! Loved this! The best life is a raw life! Yes!

http://lyricfire.typepad.com/lyric-fire/2011/12/lyric-fire-my-first-this-moment-post-.html

Leah Griffith said...

Yes it is Tameka my sister Sag!!!

Post a Comment