Search This Blog

Sunday, September 9, 2012

The Possibilities are Endless








Fresh from my dreams I tread the dawn: hair mussed, voice froggy, sleep seeds not yet swept away—a rumpled pilgrim in love with the musky morning.

Heading east with my shadow trailing behind; Florence claims that the dog days are over, but Florida disagrees, smiling behind her frizzy hair; a curtain of humidity presenting hazy visions—the possibilities are endless.

My sensitive feet carry every bit of the load, and still; He keeps me waiting. I remember the thrill, biting my lip on the way up, and then screaming on the way down, “More more more!”


I discover Zen Cat Jr. spying from the fauna. Perhaps he has a fortune for me; Zen Cat Sr. lives at the base of the volcano. I miss that feral feline.


Fortune or misfortune, my secrets are kept, my steps inevitable, as I bold the a.m. asphalt. It’s always a mixed bag, a dizzying array of sunrise selections. I decide on the Daily Special: clouds iced in silver, perfect for dunking in the morning dew.




22 comments:

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Once again, dear Leah, your words wield their magic and sweep me off my feet . . . Beautiful reflection on the morning and perfect photos.
Blessings and love!

stephen Hayes said...

Beautiful imagery. I can really see your words as pictures.

JANU said...

Subtle seduction to the senses.

Healing Morning said...

You are one of the rare few, my darling girl, who speaks my language. I delight in visiting and reading this very special type of post from you, where you speak from Spirit and allow the words to flow in arcane and lyrical manner.
I see you, my dear sister. And you glow brightly. <3

Much, much love.

- Dawnie

Jayne said...

Every day, Leah, yes: endless! I didn't have a chance to walk this morning. So glad to go out on yours with you tonight. A "dizzying array of sunrise selections" indeed!

I love that Florence. ;)

Rimly said...

You always bring a sense of mystery and magic to your writing always, my friend.

http://rimlybezbaruah.blogspot.in/2012/09/is-this-love.html

Marie Loerzel said...

I'd like a daily special too, just without the curtain of humidity.

Leah Griffith said...

Martha, I love the morning. There's magic to discover;)

Leah Griffith said...

Thank you Stephen. I'm heading back to your place for part 2 of the albino tadpole;)

Leah Griffith said...

Janu, you "get" me.

Leah Griffith said...

Yes Dawnie, the morning brings out the magic. The Spirit speaks loudest then. I love you girl.

Leah Griffith said...

Jayne, I just began walking in the morning and I have found it to be so stimulating. I love change...when I initiate it;)

Leah Griffith said...

Hi Rimly! I've missed you <3

Leah Griffith said...

Hey Marie! Well, I believe the humidity will be lifting soon. It is September after all. I've grown accustom to the humidity and heat and miss it when it's gone.

Dangerous Linda said...

Good Morning, Leah! ~

I loved sharing a morning walk with you!

I am feeling the possibilities are endless today, too!

XOXOXOXOXO

Leah Griffith said...

Glad you joined me Linda. There is so much to see;)

Tameka said...

No one describes morning's do/dew, like you! I so enjoyed traveling along this road with you dear. Sublime! :-)

Leah Griffith said...

Tameka, I love that you came along too. Mornings and twilight are my favorites times of the day...makes a soul believe in magic;)

Debbie Maxwell Allen said...

Mornings here in the Rockies are downright crisp. Friday morning was 34 degrees. Brrr!

~Debbie

Leah Griffith said...

Debbie, 34 degrees isn't crisp. In my world it's freezing! Just two degrees cooler and you can make ice. Lately my mornings run about 72 degrees. In the winter they will average about 58-64. I'm spoiled and I know it;)

Melissa Tandoc said...

Ooo just what I needed to hear and read. I love the idea that you brought here...

'More...more...more!

Leah Griffith said...

Thank you sweet Melissa!

Post a Comment