Search This Blog

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Tucked in and Tamed



I’m inside here…somewhere. My stream of consciousness is as deep as the eyes of God and as shallow as the peppery dust on a city sidewalk.



I study the things that move around me; big things and pointy things; things which are totally out of my control. Some drop downwards like the guilty eyes of Judas, and fly upwards like the surprised soul of the newly dead.



Other things rise faithfully, like the sun on a wintry morning; all silvery white with promise, yet without enough heat to thaw fear’s frozen grip from my pale throat.



And then there are other things that randomly appear, a rainbow on the tail end of a storm, a glad omen, dressed in candy stripes, like a parade flag heralding happiness. I like these the best. Happy rabbit trails with tea parties and grinning kittens.



I keep myself inside myself, tucked in and tamed. I dream from this place and hunt and love. My body obeys my commands, a nod of assurance to move forward and take the risk, or to draw back and RUN! Sometimes I dare myself to dance like a sweaty harlot or prompt myself to pray like Mother Theresa with her bony hands tangled into a holy knot.



I wonder at all of it, the thoughts, the emotions, the dreams, and drawbacks. I wonder at my choices; for I’m not exempt from surprising myself, disappointing myself, and scaring the shit out of myself.



The day is long with ruminations and labor, the night with its epiphanies and nightmares. Who can say what a thought amounts to, or how far a word can go…and this body!




My consciousness is wavy, like the heat that rises at high noon from a tire-flattened carcass in Death Valley, and its content is invisible to all. I speak therefore I hide. I hide therefore I speak. I am not my mind. I am not my words. I am not my body. I am.



37 comments:

Shreya said...

Nice post. I loved these pictures. Every single line is so beautifully written. Its always nice to be here. Thanks for sharing. God bless :)xx

Leah Griffith said...

Good Morning Shreya! I love writing these short glimpses...a splash in a quiet lake, arousing interest.
Hugs,
Leah

Bongo said...

SO sad and beautiful ast the same time....As always...XOXOXOXO

Larry Lewis said...

Amazing writing and photos

The Poet said...

Hello.
So much told in so few words.
Your images are amazing!
Nicely done.
Thanks for sharing.

Seasons Of Beauty

Dangerous Linda said...

WoW -- XOXOXOX

seems like you are getting into some deep, um, stuff ...

JANU said...

Beautifully expressed Leah.

Leah Griffith said...

Hello Bongo, yes it's a bit of everything...just skittering along like a little spirit trying to make sense of it all ;)

Leah Griffith said...

Hi Larry, thanks. Something a little different...
It's good to meet you;)

Leah Griffith said...

Andy, nice to see your smiling face. Thanks for your sweet words.

Leah Griffith said...

Hiya Linda! Yeah, throw me a rope will ya?!
LOL!! Deep schmeep...it is what it is. Sometimes things just ooze out of me and I can't keep em in;)
XOXO

Leah Griffith said...

Morning Janu, thanks you honey. Your post really inspired me this morning...thank you for that.

Karen Wojcik Berner said...

Your writing constantly blows me away. Beautiful.

Rimly said...

What powerful imagery and just the right pictures to go with them. Loved it Leah

Leah Griffith said...

Thank you Karen. <3

Debbie Maxwell Allen said...

Beautiful as always. You find the best images!

~Debbie

Leah Griffith said...

Miss Rimly, I have got to start taking more photographs. I love photography. Thank you sweetie!
XO

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Your descriptions and imagery in writing just blow me away! The photos were awesome, but I didn't need them; your words told me everything . . .
Blessings, Leah!

sulekkha said...

Lovely post, both the pictures and the words are amazing. Very expressive and interesting post.

Alfandi said...

Beautiful words..soul searching..are you a fan of Pink Floyd..?

Jayne said...

Oh Leah: Lovely to see you! (I am digging Moody Blues tonight;)) I love the introspection here. But Leah--woohoo!--run, dance like a sweaty harlot and scare the shit out of yourself!

Dang, you know your words travel far and wide... :)

Leah Griffith said...

Thank you Debbie! Have an amazing weekend and keep posting all those helpful writing tips on your blog!

Leah Griffith said...

Martha, every time I write your name I start singing, Martha My Dear by the Beatles LOL!!
Thank you for your uplifting reply <3
Hugs,
Leah

Leah Griffith said...

Sulekkha, Sometimes I like to write wild and free...this is the edited version;)
Have a beautiful weekend and thanks for stopping by to see me!
XO

Leah Griffith said...

Alfandi, thank you for your sweet comment. Yes, I do enjoy Pink Floyd...have for many years. *grin

Kathy said...

Leah...I've tried signing up for an email subscription, but your site thinks I already have one...I may have done that before, but I don't get your posts in email. Am in on a list of email subscriptions? If not, do you know how I can get into that sign up section and add my name? thanks...kathy

Leah Griffith said...

Kathy, are you kboyle? I need to know your email address in order to check. I only need the beginning of it.
Sorry for the mess up.
;)

Kathy said...

Hi Leah.....that's me... kathy of the triple 7's in the world of comcast.net :)

Leah Griffith said...

Kathy, you are loaded into the list. Was there a post that you didn't receive? I've been posting some oldies in between the newbies as I have a larger audience now and I wanted to give them a chance to read them.
Hoping that your weekend is moving along as gracefully as an expert dancer; no toe stubbing or falling down. LOL!!
Leah
XO

Mari Sterling Wilbur said...

Wow! I loved your lines "Sometimes I dare myself to dance like a sweaty harlot or prompt myself to pray like Mother Theresa with her bony hands tangled into a holy knot." Your words bring such vivid pictures to my mind!

Leah Griffith said...

Mari! Hi. Thank you for such a powerful compliment. I do love writing...painting pictures with words. It's probably similar in some ways to your photography...we see things;)

JANU said...

You have amazing writing skills Leah....we inspire each other.Hugs babes.

Leah Griffith said...

Good Morning Janu, yes inspiration is as vital as air. Here for each other with our words.
Hugs,
Leah

Brooke said...

Whew. What a treat to have had all these blog posts to catch up with. You are beauty. This post went turned me inside out and spit me out in a great void of mystery, and I just want to stay in here and let it reverberate. Going to read again. You are amazing. DO NOT STOP WRITING, EVER!!!!

Leah Griffith said...

Brooke, you are so animated. You know that scene in "When Harry Met Sally" and she fakes the orgasm in the restaurant, and a lady at another table says, "I'll have what she ordered." Well...I'll have what you ordered for sure!
LOL! Sending love and hugs. Watch out world Brooke is back and she's packin!

Melissa Tandoc said...

I loved how you wove your poetry with the images. They were both carefully written and selected.

Deep for a simple girl like me lol... loved it Leah ;)

Leah Griffith said...

Thank you Melissa, I'm a simple girl too but sometimes I have to let my freak flag fly and just go with it. LOL!

Post a Comment