Today I want to thank Karen Wojcik Berner of Bibliophilic Blather for the Versatile Blogger Award. Karen is the author of a wonderful book entitled A Whisper to a Scream which is the first in I believe a six book series. Karen’s an amazing lady and very supportive of the writing community.
I must admit, I’m honored, but I usually avoid accepting these awards because they require me to do two very difficult things. One is to figure out how to link to it, and the other is that in return I have to choose five other recipients for the award and I’m the type who wants to spread the love and give everyone an award. So, if you’ve given me an award in the past, and I never posted it, then it’s simply because I’m a dummy and not because I’m not thoroughly honored.
With that said, I’ve decided to put on my big girl panties today and follow through with the stipulations on this award. I see by the rules that I have to post seven things that you don’t know about me so here goes.
1. When I walk I listen to music on my iPhone and adjust my walk to the rhythm of each song… sway, sway, bounce, skip;)
2. I always wanted to be a blues singer, wear a slinky black dress, and sprawl myself across a Grand Piano.
3. I intend to take tango lessons… preferably by an angry dark-eyed Spaniard.
4. I cannot have any stimulus other than instrumental music playing when I write. I get distracted very easily and wind up dancing instead of writing.
5. I love it when silvery sunbeams escape from behind the clouds and create a God Sky. I believe that it’s a sign from beyond telling me that I’m not alone and that everything is just as it should be.
6. I always wanted to live in an old house on the beach with natural woodwork, a fireplace, large windows, walls of bookcases, and a porch with hanging potted plants. Oh, and a swing so I can sit there after a long days work and ponder everything.
7. I just adopted a Chihuahua puppy and she’s so wild that I had to hand her over to my daughter for training. I fear she may be too much for me and that she might end up like Fenton. (See video at bottom of post.)
Now for the most difficult part: passing this award on to only five recipients. Here are some of my favorites blogs. I could have easily gone on and on with my favorite cooking blog, movie blog, photography blog etc. etc. but alas the rules are the rules. So, in no particular order here are some wonderful blogs that I would like to pass this award on to:
http://www.healingmorning.blogspot.com ~ Healing Morning~ Dawn, for her generous spirit and light giving words.
http://www.mypoetcharm.blogspot.com ~ My Poet Charm ~ Andy, because your words melt my heart.
http://www.paintedpath.org ~Painted Path~ Julia for her boundless creativity and enthusiastic love for everything.
http://www.suburbansoliloquy.com ~Suburban Soliloquy~ Jayne, for her beautiful writing; her ability to see things in a most unique way, and for turning me on to amazing music.
http://www.rockthekasbahafrica.blogspot.com ~Rock The Kasbah~ Marie, for mixing things up, making me smile, and taking me traveling with her.
http://www.writingwhilethericeboils.blogspot.com ~Writing While The Rice Boils~ Debbie, for generously sharing so many important facts on the craft of writing.
www.bloomtopia.org ~Bloomtopia~ Brooke, for her gut wrenching honesty, insight and boldness of spirit.
I see that I’ve broken a rule already and chose seven instead of five blogs. Oh well… I’m going to break them even further too by stating that if you received this award today... you do not have to post this on your blog, or follow any of the other rules, if you don’t want to. It doesn’t matter as long as you know that I think you are all fabulous! Oh… and it took me three days to put this post together. That top picture is me trying to figure this thing out. I never could get the links to work (except for Karen's) so simply copy and paste the urls in your browser or check the blog list on the side of my blog for a link. I believe they are all there except Andy's. For some reason unknown to me I can't find him on the blogs I'm following to list him there. THREE DAYS! LOL!! Duh duh duh;)
Thank you Karen! *grin
This is what I fear my little dog's fate might be if we don't snap her into shape;)